Monday 8 November 2010

Change of plan!

After filming some test footage, I have realised that the shots I planned do not achieve what I wanted and do not clearly portray my original story-line. Therefore, I have decided to change the genre and my general story-line. There are some shots in my test footage that have inspired me to take my trailer down the route of social realism films, with a more gritty story-line about a teenage boy who has lost his way and how society lets this happen to a large percentage of teens in this country. The shots that I like from my my test footage are those that are atmospheric, depressing and where the character is looking moody. I will look at work by director Ken Loach, as he has directed films in a similar genre. I will plan some new shots, and refilm in order to follor my new brief. Here are some of the shots from my test footage;


After this change in direction, I came up with a few ideas for shots to use within my trailer. Here are a few sketches, accompanied with notes, of ideas for my new footage which I may combine with some of the footage I already had. (click on the image to enlarge)


No comments:

Post a Comment