Monday 7 March 2011

Making a start on my film poster...

Whilst filming, there was a particular shot that inspired my plans for my poster, so I took a photo of this to remind me. This turned out to be quite a good quality shot so I drew up a rough plan of what I wanted my film poster to look like.











I started editing it today, and after finding a font I like and that I think is suitable for my particular genre, I have been able to add a bit of text also.
Here is my first go...
I cropped the image so that there is a white strip along the top and the bottom, giving a bit of individuality compared to other film posters. I then added a black and white layer, tampered with brightness and contrast, and then added a blur. I then removed the blur slightly around the silhouette of the main character so that your focus is drawn to that part of the image. I then added the title of my film to the part of the image I want to put it, to see how it looks.

I am very happy with how this is looking so far as I have achieved the look I was aiming for.

No comments:

Post a Comment