Saturday 30 April 2011

Construction of film poster

This was the first stage of my poster where I'd edited the image with a blur and a black and white filter, then erased part of the image to create the white stripes along the top and bottom of the image. Then I used the chosen font Cicle to place the film name onto the poster. I'm generally happy with this and the placing of the title.
Here is the second draft where I have added some extra text at the top of the poster, featuring the production house which is seen in a lot of film posters. I have also added in an "award" the film has won. I am unsure of the placing of this two new features.
I decided against including the production house as the poster seem a little bottom heavy. I have added some text around the title of the film, however it is grey so the title still stands out against it.This is the final version of the poster. I decided to move the award to the top of the poster to balance it out, and included reviews either side to maintain a balance. I also added a credit block to the bottom as this is featured in a lot of film posters.


1 comment:

  1. this is so weird. i just direct a short film for my collage project with the same title. awesome

    ReplyDelete