Thursday 28 April 2011

Intertitles development

Here is a video of the inter titles with the first font I had chosen, which I went on to decide I was unhappy with the font I'd chosen.
I'd used LiveType to create the inter title, and added a "fade in" and "fade out" effect. I decided this effect wasn't quite what I was looking for, however wasn't sure how to create the effect I desired.

Here is the second intertile I made. It was with the same font as the first, however it had no added effect to it. I created this as I was experimenting with the positioning of the text.
Again, I was unhappy with the font I'd used. So I went on a hunt for another font that I was more happy with...

This is the final inter title, and one that will be used within my trailer. This inter title features the final font I chose, which I am very happy with.
As you can see from the clip, there are no effects added to the original inter title file which means it looks blank. However, once placing it in Final Cut Express, I was able to use a tool within that programme to create the effect I desired.
Here is a screen shot of what I did to the intertitle to create the effect I wanted, of the writing dissolving in and out of the shot. I used the "keyframing" tool, which adjusts the opacity of the clip which resulted in exactly what I was aiming for.

No comments:

Post a Comment