Monday 25 April 2011

Film Magazine Research

When looking into what movie magazine to use to feature my own film in my ancillary products, I tried to steer away from mainstream film magazines such as Total Film magazine, and Empire magazine. I wanted to find a magazine which featured more independent films. I came across Sight and Sound magazine which focuses a lot of the directors of films, however it wasn't what I was looking for. Then I came across the magazine Little White Lies. Little White Lies is an independent film magazine, that also features illustration, and photography that is related to cinema. As the footage featured in my film is quite artistically thought about, I thought that this magazine would be suitable to use within my ancillary products.
Generally the layout of the front cover is generally the same, the only thing that changes with each new issue is the image and the text and font featured. The image featured on the front cover is possibly the most important part of the page. This image is always an illustration of the main character of the feature film, and this image portrays to possible readers what type of magazine Little White Lies is.

Here is a close look at the front cover of the This Is England edition of Little White Lies. (Click on the image to enlarge)
Here is a powerpoint presentation looking at another of Little White Lies magazine front covers.

No comments:

Post a Comment